I have seen so many pregnant people online doing little videos on the Instagram’s and posts on their blog’s about what they have packed in their hospital bags and I just find it so helpful and a good read etc. I have seen several who have packed for their 2nd child and have fine tuned their bags etc. It’s very easy to over pack so this time I have tried to just take what I need and hope that we won’t be in hospital long.
- x3 white newborn vests
- x2 plain white newborn baby grows
- x2 newborn babygrows (Born in 2020 one and white velour one with stars on it)
- x2 knitted white hats
- x2 Muslins for feeding
- x1 Swaddle blanket with Rainbows print
- x1-2 white blankets (Thinking more so to cover baby in carseat if coming home in the night as depends on weather but better to have one)
- x1 pack of cotton pads to use for bum changes with warm water
- x1 pack of water wipes (just incase super messy but would rather use the above)
- handful of nappy sacks
- x1 pack of size 1 pampers nappies
- x3 individual Aptamil bottles with sterilised teats (Again I intend to Breastfeed but had seen these and they are perfect as a substitute or if baby really needed formula etc)
So that’s Baby’s bag sorted it doesn’t look like loads but from what I remember with Polly once she was dressed in her outfit I didn’t actually change her again apart from her nappies so hopefully one of those babygrows will fit little bubs.
My Hospital Bag
- x2 Breastfeeding bras ( I know one might get messy from baby and skin to skin etc)
- x2 t-shirt style dresses
- a super light dressing gown
- a breastfeeding nightie to change into once baby is here
- flip flops
- phone charger
- coming home outfit, which currently is a long floaty maxi dress just for comfort and because hospitals tend to be super warm especially in the summer.
Then the following items I’ve popped into 3 clear makeup style bags for easy access or for Hubby to get me something out of.
- Makeup remover wipes
- Travel toothbrush
- Travel toothpaste
- Anti bac hand gel
- Gaviscon (tablet form)
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Hairbrush and few hairbands
- Shower sponge
- Shower gel
- Maternity pads
- Breast pads
- Nipple cream
- Bottoms up spray for cooling down there 🙂
The last things that need to go in there are a bottle of water and a few snacks but I have 4 weeks left so of course need to be done closer to the time but I at least feel organised now ekes. Not long now.
Sophie & Bump